Over the past few years an annual bus fee has been introduced for students who do not meet the Ministry of Educations eligibility criteria for transport funding.
All students will be allocated the required coloured tag during Term 1.
The “Taupo Transport network committee” who organise logistics and payment for bus transportation for all school students in the Taupo region have the following information around the eligibility of students travelling on school buses.
To be eligible to travel free on School Buses to Tauhara College:
- Tauhara College must be your closest school
- You must live further than 4.8 km (shortest walking route) away from Tauhara College.
- Students living on the SH I South of Taupo, up to just past Waitahanui
- Students living on the Napier-Taupo Road
- Students living on Broadlands Road
Non-eligible may be able to travel on School Buses, but they need to pay for this service.
- Live closer than 4.8 km from Tauhara College. This is also dependent on the bus having enough space to accommodate these students.
- Any student who lives north of Taupo. Your closest school is Taupo-Nui-A-Tia, so you must pay to take the bus to Tauhara College.
- Paying students only travel on buses if there is enough space for them to do so.
- The price for the year is $300, to use the bus system for non-eligible students, or $75 for the term. Payment needs to be paid in advance i.e. the start of the term. Parents and / or Caregivers will be billed accordingly.
- If you do not pay, your child will not be allowed to use this service.
Bus fees are payable in advance at the beginning of the term. Cost per term is $75 (or $300 for the year) payable to Tauhara College office, who will forward to the Bus Committee.
No Refunds are given if you opt out of using this service during the term, COVID like situations, childs sickness or extended holidays. The amounts are set for the whole term.
No Free Rides from Tauhara to Taupo-Nui-A-Tia or any other location in town. If this happens, students will be asked to leave the bus.
Regular bus users are not allowed to take a friend on the bus for a visit for an afternoon or weekend. Please organise other means of transport for these friends wanting to come visit.
A code of conduct will be given to each student at the beginning of the year, which needs to be signed by the student and caregiver. Non compliance and / or non-payment might result in a student being refused further access to the bus service.
In case of an emergency please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss a possible solution to these bus related issues.
Ben Hancock - Principal
NIMONS BUS SERVICES - 07 3778870
TURANGI RENTALS - 07 3868226