Over the past few years an annual bus fee has been introduced for students who do not meet the Ministry of Educations eligibility criteria for transport funding.
All students will be allocated the required coloured tag during Term 1.
The “Taupo Transport network committee” who organise logistics and payment for bus transportation for all school students in the Taupo region have the following information around the eligibility of students travelling on school buses.
To be eligible to travel free on School Buses to Tauhara College:
- Tauhara College must be your closest school
- You must live further than 4.8 km (shortest walking route) away from Tauhara College.
- Students living on the SH I South of Taupo, up to just past Waitahanui
- Students living on the Napier-Taupo Road
- Students living on Broadlands Road
Non-eligible may be able to travel on School Buses, but they need to pay for this service.
- Live closer than 4.8 km from Tauhara College. This is also dependent on the bus having enough space to accommodate these students.
- Any student who lives north of Taupo. Your closest school is Taupo-Nui-A-Tia, so you must pay to take the bus to Tauhara College.
- Paying students only travel on buses if there is enough space for them to do so.
- As of 2022, the full price for the year is $100 to use the bus system for non-eligible students. Payment needs to be paid upfront to receive a bus tag.
- If you do not pay, your child will not be allowed to use this service.
- Please advise the office immediately, if you stop using the bus service.
Richmond Heights Area Bus Service – Taupo Connector – 2022
Please click on the bus timetable and bus map route links for the Richmond Heights area for the Bus Connector. Bus Timetable Bus Map Route
If parents require any further information such as bus fares or updates, these can be found on the Busit.co.nz website or contact TDC BUSIT.
Turangi Bus Service – Turangi Rentals
For information regarding the Turangi buses, please contact Turangi Rentals on 07 3868226.
No Free Rides from Tauhara to Taupo-Nui-A-Tia or any other location in town. If this happens, students will be asked to leave the bus.
Regular bus users are not allowed to take a friend on the bus for a visit for an afternoon or weekend. Please organise other means of transport for these friends wanting to come visit.
A code of conduct will be given to each student at the beginning of the year, which needs to be signed by the student and caregiver. Non compliance and / or non-payment might result in a student being refused further access to the bus service.
In case of an emergency please contact email@example.com to discuss a possible solution to these bus related issues.
Ben Hancock – Principal
MEMO TO ALL STUDENTS WHO USE OUR SERVICE
NIMONS BUS SERVICES – 07 3778870
TURANGI RENTALS – 07 3868226
BUSIT – TAUPO CONNECTOR – 0800 205 305